Friday, February 8, 2008

Whoopsi

I knew at the start of yesterday that it was going to be a very busy day. So, I decided to stop by Sonic on my way to work to get a Route 44 Diet Coke. As I circle round Sonic to get to the exit, my drink tipped over and fell completely upside down in the passenger side floorboard. I was SO SAD--not because the floor of my car was messy, not because the notebook of curriculum that was in my floorboard was now soaked, but because be the time I got my car stopped, seatbelt off, and leaned over to grab the drink, there was only about 1/4 of it left. I didn't have any additional cash with me so I just had to drive on to work.

That seemed to indicate the direction my day was going to go. Here are some of the other events of yesterday...

As I was trying to change rollers on my roller paint brush, it flew out of my hand and now there is a blue streak across the carpet of one of my Bible Classrooms at church.

I had to go to the dentists office to have a couple of fillings replaced. As they were taking my blood pressure, the blood pressure cuff completely expanded and then DID NOT release. This happened not one, not two, but THREE times. I finally asked the dental assistant to NOT take my blood pressure again.

I went by the grocery store on the way home from the dentist and was strolling with my cart toward the check-out line. I did not see the gentleman in front of me stop, and so I plowed into the back of him. He was not very happy even after I apologized profusely.

All I can say is whoopsi. Fortunately, today has started off much better.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Oh man. . .it would be worth putting that diet coke on a credit card to change the karma of your day. :)

Lynn Leaming said...

I really think all Children's Ministers job descriptions should have a clause that forbids them from having to do painting in classrooms! Do you ever see the adult ed people painting their classrooms?? Just a personal pet peeve of mine. I would make it a budget item and hire it out. But realize not everyone can do that! Hope you have a great weekend.