Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nothing Says Neverending Love Like a Coupon

So, as I was on my way home this afternoon, I was visiting with one of my friends on the phone, and I happened to mention something to her that sent her into a fit of laughter. After composing herself, she asserted that this really should go on the blog.

So, here it goes...

The fiance and I did our pre-marital counseling through our preacher at church. We chose to do this for a variety of reasons. What we did not realize at the time was that there was a greater, more cost-effective benefit to doing this.

You see, our church is part of a program called Twogether Texas. The idea of this program is that if couples go through a pre-marital counseling program prior to marriage, the state of Texas will give them a discount on their marriage license. That's right, folks, it is a full-fledged marrige coupon (and a pretty good coupon at that).

So, we completed this counseling, and the fiance and I are now the proud recipients of our very own marriage discount, because nothing says neverending love like a coupon.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

A marriage coupon. . .you must be SO PROUD!!!!! (Still laughing.)

Deborah said...

That's awesome! Was it a buy one, get one free? Oh, wait...

Brandon and Jessica Hooks said...

Very funny! But I don't remember the marriage license being that expensive, but then again, we bought ours in Las Vegas!

Tamra said...

Love it!