Monday, February 8, 2010

Swimming in a Sea of Ribbons

Over the past two days, I have been swimming in a sea of ribbons. Some wonderful ladies from church threw me a wedding shower last night, and then this morning my fellow children's ministry ladies (and man) threw me a surprise shower at our monthly meeting. As much as I do not like being the "center of attention", the showers were both absolutely wonderful and I feel incredibly blessed to be surrounded by all of these people.


I have included some pictures (complete with "captioning").


These are the hostesses of my church shower. Getting everyone into the room to take a picture turned out to be a pretty big feat.





I am not a fan of pictures. So, this was me trying to hide as pictures were being snapped. I apparently overestimated the "coverage" that my jacket would provide. Also, please notice the plate of Oreos and the bowl of peanut butter. Those are the best shower foods EVER.




We are having Gerbera Daisies at the wedding, and so these were two of the flower arrangements done for the shower.






This picture is just cute. It is of my friend Roxanne's daughter (on the right) and my friend Jacinda's daughter (on the left).





This next picture is from my shower this morning. Those are my fellow CM peeps. Bless, Dustin's heart. He always gets thrown into a sea of ladies.





And finally, this is my friend Roxanne. This is the person who introduced the fiance and me (yes, I owe her BIG TIME). Even though she lives about an hour north of where I live, she and her daughter were able to come to the shower. If you notice, we have both moved to our "fake smile" part of the day.


5 comments:

Tamra said...

Love it, fake smiles and all!!!

Ryan and Katie said...

1. At first I thought the first picture was of all your CM people and I was thinking DANG you're lucky to have so many!!
2. If you hate having your picture taken have you thought of unique ways to avoid that at the wedding? How about a lacy chinese fan over the face...or I guess a veil will do!
3. I still need to know about Mr. Reinsch!

Roxanne said...

Ribbons and fake smiles, indeed. Maybe next time we could just slap an upturned ribbon over where our mouths are and not have to worry 'bout smiling at all. :) I loved being there with you. I loved introducing you and Greg. And you owe me NOTHING. . .just keep on bein' my friend. Love you.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Katie, I PROMISE that I am emailing you today (or maybe tomorrow).

Deborah said...

YEA!! I am so glad your friends honored you at this special time.

Oh, and Dustin's a big boy--he can handle it.