Friday, March 13, 2009

Satiny Wonderment

I have begun the VBS prep in the hopes of having thing taken care of in a timely manner rather than the madhouse that was the week before VBS last year.

So, I was strolling through Walmart today picking up some items, and I decided to stop in the fabric section to look at the pattern books because I need a jester costume and a king costume. I found the two patterns that were just what I was looking for. As I am pulling my cart out of the fabric section I lay eyes on something special.

It was a huge section of costume satin for $2.00 a yard. For those who have priced shiny fabrics for costumes or prom dresses, you know that $2.00 a yard is super-cheap. I immediately whipped out my cell phone and called my set designer. Between what she needed for palace drapery and what I needed to turn beige tunics into harem girl costumes, I bought out the place.

It took 3 ladies quite a while to measure, record, and cut out the fabric I needed, but after all was said and done, I left the store in satiny wonderment.

Now if only I can come up with a eunuch costumes I will be in business.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Oh, I know the joy of finding EXACTLY what you need for VBS at bargain prices. Kudos to you. Have you figured out a place for The Parrot yet? :)