Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Bit Behind

So, I realize I am a bit behind in blogging. Okay, I am actually WAY behind. I blame it on the impending summer. Summer is my busiest time, and it seems that getting ready for summer is just as busy. So, I don't know how faithful my bloggin will be over the next few months, but I will make more of an effort than I have in the past few days.

In the meantime, here is a couple story to tide you over.

I had a camp meeting yesterday at a church a good ways north of where my church is. As I was heading that way, my mind apparently went on auto-pilot since I have made the drive to that church many times. I snapped back to reality just in time to realize that I was about to miss the turn-in for this church. So, I whipped my car into the parking lot, grabbed my computer bag and purse, and headed inside.

When I got inside, I told the secretary that I was there to meet with Dustin and Brandi. She looked at me strangely and asked me again who I was there to meet. I explained once again (getting a little annoyed) that I was there to meet with the children's minister and his assistant--Dustin and Brandi.

She then told me that nobody by that name worked there. I was pretty confused, so I stepped back, looked at the sign behind her desk and realized that I was at Northwood Presbyterian Church. I was supposed to be at Bammel Church of Christ.

Yep, through the whole exchange with the secretary, it never hit me that I was standing in the wrong church.

Oops!

3 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

This is an indication that indeed you are busy!!

Jacinda said...

hahaha That's funny!

Dustin Bartee said...

Sorry that our presence sent you into la-la land...glad you eventually made it!