Monday, May 25, 2009

Do I Still Have Eardrums?

Yesterday I took a good size group of families from church to the Astros game. Now, they were playing the Rangers, and when I planned the outting and purchased the tickets, the season hadn't started. So, I was honestly expecting the Rangers to be just as pitiful as they have been in years past, and that might mean the Astros would win. Who knew they were going to be in 1st place when they came into this series with the Astros.

Anyway, our group was sitting up in the "really cheap seats" section, and while we could still see the action pretty well, we were definitely outside the "win something free/get on the jumbotron" zone.

Since this was my first Astros game, I didn't realize that they have a train pulling a trailer of pumpkins (although everyone insists they are oranges since the Astros play at Minute Maid park, but they are larger than A-rod's head) that circles the stadium when the Astros hit a home run.

So, as the game got started, this girl sitting behind us yelled, "I wanna see that train MOOOOVE!" We all kind of chuckled and agreed that we, too, wanted to see the train move. Then about 30 seconds later, she yelled it again. She continued to do this everytime the Astros were up to bat at regular intervals, and she didn't just say it, she Y.E.L.L.E.D. it. I'll be honest, by the 437th time of hearing "I wanna see that train MOOOOVE," my Christian spirit was leaving me.

To be fair, even with all the yelling, it was a fun game, and we did have a good time. However, next time I go, I will know to be prepared with earplugs.

No comments: