Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Snapshot Glimpse of My Life


So, earlier today, I took this picture of my office because it is very indicative of my life and my work. As most of you know, when you walk into my office, it is generally pretty messy, and while the mess stays there most of the time, I can always (well, almost always) find what I am looking forward.

Notice the Break the Ice Game. This was used at an event in September, and I still haven't managed to find a place for it.

To the left of the game, you see my computer bag and a reusable shopping bag. The shopping bag has my walking clothes in it so that I can change after work and go walking with one of my friends (I won't actually need it until Thursday, so I am apparently not doing a great job at walking regularly).

See the 3 lone, red boxes in the top center of the photo. Those are my attempt at decorating my office. Yes, that is as far as I got. Although, it is definitely further than I got with my house. All of the home decorating items are still sitting on a table waiting to be distributed.

To the right of the boxes, notice the stack of ink cartridges. Yes, I hoard those. You get $3 a cartridge in credit from Office Max. With the amount of supplies I purchase, I need every bit of credit I can get.

My book shelf is also scattered with various books and trinkets, but my favorite one is the handicapped sign because there are many days that I feel more than a bit handicapped.

Last, but not least, there is a loaf of bread in the bottom center of the photo. The husband of one of our secretaries brought me in a special loaf baked just for me this morning. Guess what I had for lunch? Yep, a peanut butter sandwich on fresh baked bread.

Can you spot Dashboard Jesus? He's next to Bobblehead Dwight.

4 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

nice storage! I'm jealous!

Deborah said...

I love your decorating. It's very similar to mine.

By the way, I think this was a great post.

Tamra said...

Uh...you don't even want to know what my office looks like. But if I don't get busy on the cleaning up/out end of things, you're going to have a serious shock come Tuesday!

Cindy Deister said...

I think it all looks pretty good, considering when I stopped by this summer! You've worked hard on that!