Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Only 10 Hours...Give or Take a Few Minutes

So, I got up yesterday morning (New Year's Day), took a shower, got dressed, and headed off to work. I arrived at the church to a very empty parking lot. I was a little confused. So, I called one of the church secretaries only to find out that the office was closed. I'm not sure how I missed that announcement, but listening is not always one of my strengths.

So, it was 9am, and I was left with a whole day of nothing planned. So, I decided to finally sit down and read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the 7th book). When it first came out in July, I didn't have time to read it. So, I read that last few chapters so that I could see how it ended. I was heavily chastised for that.

To all of those who chastised me, I would now like to proudly proclaim that I have read the ENTIRE book. It only took me about 10 hours. Yes, I literally sat there all day and did nothing but read, but it was totally and completely worth it.

I am absolutely astounded at what a brilliant mind J.K. Rowling must have to be able to weave such a complex story over 7 very thick books. As disappointed as I was to know this was the final Harry Potter book, J.K. Rowling seems to have completed the story. All of the unanswered questions have been answered and placed to rest.

So, the 10 hours I spent reading were undeniably worth it.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Yes--she is brilliant--and yes--she answered all the questions, but now I can't read and reread and re-reread all the books trying to figure out what the answers might be. I've read all the other books at least four times, but this one I've only read once.