Monday, December 31, 2007

The Attack of the Treadmill

Yes, I know...two posts in one day is a little unusual (and possibly excessive), but I just had to share my day with you guys.

So, with my Christmas money this year, I decided to buy a treadmill. I had ordered it before Christmas, but they shippers weren't going to be able to deliver it until today. When I purchased it, I upgraded to the Silver Delivery Service package so that I wouldn't have to worry about putting it together, unloading it, etc.

This morning, the delivery company called and gave me the delivery window of noon to 8pm. They were actually on the front side of the window (about 2pm). When they came, though, they said they weren't going to take it out of the gianormous box, and they weren't going to put it together. They simply sat it in the center of my living room.

So, I worked for about an hour. I got it out of the box, and I assembled it. I was acutally quite proud of myself. I stepped back and figured out where it would best go in my living room area, and set out to move furniture around.

In the process of moving the treadmill, I pulled it up, onto, and over my big toe. After writhing on the floor in pain, I wiped away the blood, and looked to see that my big toenail was much more unattached than attached to my toe. After a trip to the Urgent Care Center, which was closed (wouldn't you think New Year's Eve is the day that might warrant urgent care more so than any other day of the year?), I am now sitting on my couch, with a bandaged and swollen toe, and a VERY LARGE treadmill in the floor that I am a little scared to move.

I guess my new exercise plan will have to wait until I can actually put a tennis shoe on my foot. On the plus side, I can legitimately wear slippers to work tomorrow.

No comments: