Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Grandparents

My grandfather is currently very ill (he has a grade 4 Glioblastoma brain tumor). He doesn't have much time left. So, this past weekend, my entire family got together to celebrate his 89th birthday. It was absolutely wonderful.

While we were there, we started going through a lot of old pictures. Here are some of my favorite.

This 1st picture is the picture of my grandmother that my grandfather carried with him throughout WW2.


This 2nd picture is his service picture. He was a member of the Army.


This is the "wedding" photograph of my grandparents.

This picture is of all the kids in their school (kind of like a school photo). It was taken around 1925. Both of my grandparents are circled in the photograph.


3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Your grandmother looks just like your mom! (probably other way around, huh?)

Glad the party went well!

Elizabeth said...

That is so neat...I love looking back at family through old photography. We get to glimpse into the past and see what it was like.

Roxanne said...

Loved these. They are a treasure.