Monday, April 13, 2009

Can Cake Decorating Really Be a Reality Show?

Okay, so I have a new favorite reality show. It is called Last Cake Standing, and while it isn't a full-fledged reality show (it is only 4 or 5 weeks long), I absolutely love it. Who knew that cake decorating could turn into reality television?

I have always been a reality show fan (e.g. American Idol, Amazing Race, Project Runway, etc.), but for some reason, this one fascinates me more than any other.

For those who haven't seen it, it started with 6 famous cake decorators (the ones that are always on the Food Network Challenges) and they were given a task. At the end of the task, someone is either voted off (week 1) or booted off by the judges (this week) or who knows what else...maybe shot out of a cake cannon. The decorators take it very seriously!

This morning, I had a Children's Ministry Network meeting with other children's ministers from the Houston area. Before the meeting actually got underway, we were all visiting about a couple of items that each of us had come across over the last few months. As we were discussing the ups and downs and the drama that accompanied each of these occurences, someone threw out the comment that with all the different dynamics that play a part in a church, we could almost have our own reality tv show.

I'm thinking that might not be the best idea, but if we did, I would probably watch.

1 comment:

Jacinda said...

Oh, I'd definitely watch! The cake show AND the church one! ha! What channel is the cake show on?