Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Worst Pedicure EVER!

So, this morning I was out running errands. Picking up stuff for bible class tomorrow. Finding a fabric that wasn't going to make Queen Esther looking like a 1980s prom queen with dyables. Getting a few groceries. Finding an Easter craft for our service project. Stuff like that.

While I was out, I decided to stop and get a pedicure. Now, I don't do this often. In fact, about the only time I get pedicures is heading into summer and during the summer (and even then, I try to only get one a month so that I am not spendind too much money) because my feet live and flip flops, and there is nothing that makes me more self-conscious than awful looking feet in flip flops.

I stopped at a new place to get my pedicure. It looked like a very nice nail salon, and it was fairly new, so I figured all would be good. So, I pick my color, stick my feet in the warm sudsy water, and get ready to relax. As the nail lady does her work, I sit there and almost doze off. That is until the leg and foot massage begin.

Oh. My. Goodness. Do you remember the episode of Friends where Monica gives Chandler a massage, and it is the most painful thing he has experienced? That was exactly what my leg and foot massage was like. It was PAINFUL. And every so often, she would look up and ask, "That feels good, doesn't it?" To which I would fight back the tears and nod yes.

Now, I know you are asking why didn't I just say something to her about the tremendous torture she was inflicting on me. Well, it was because she hadn't actually painted my toenails yet, and I didn't want to hurt her feelings in case that made her mad and that caused her to retaliate on my toes.

I am fairly certain I am going to have large bruises on my shins and the tops of my feet tomorrow. In fact, I may just have to wear houseshoes for the next few days since I am fairly certain I can't put shoes on.

On the plus side, my toes look really good!

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

Well, goodness, tell us where this place is so I don't go there! I was thinking of going to get one soon. I've been to a place here in town twice and like it pretty well...

Cindy Deister said...

girrrlll! Next time, tell her it hurts, AND insist on a good job on the toes! She will appreciate the honesty and so will her next customer.
I will be checking out your toes and bruises this weekend!