Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Embrace Your Pastiness

Come on, everybody. Embrace your inner pastiness!

This is the time of year that I have to trade in my SPF 15 for a wonderful SPF 85 (Neutrogena makes a wonderful one). The sun is shining full force, and I can feel myself getting a sunburn as I make the drive into work.

Because of my tendency to burn at the sight of sun (I have often wondered if I am part Albino), I have always just had to embrace my inner pastiness. However, now it seems like America is doing the same. A couple of doctors who are endorsed by the American Cancer Society have begun a campaign called "Pasty by choice."

Can I tell you how thrilled I am that I now have a group of people championing my inability to tan. This summer is offering up a whole lot of possibilities. Now, instead of keeping the embarrassment that is the glare of my ultra-white legs covered by long pants and skirts, I can give them some freedom and bare my whiteness.

You might even see me proudly wearing a "pasty by choice" clothing item. Now that being pasty is cool, the possibilities are endless.

Now, if only they would come up with the color "pasty" to put in a crayon box.

1 comment:

Eddie G said...

Love it! Embrace those things you cannot change...like my coffee and chocolate addictions :)