Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Blog List of Today (and a little yesterday)

Today has been an interesting day. You know it is definitely going to fall into the interesting category when your day beings with someone telling you, "I heard a rumor about you." So rather than try to piece together the day into one long post, I am just going to list the various moments of today (and some of yesterday).

1. I regularly wear a binder clip or large paper clip in my hair to keep it out of my face. I don't do this because it is stylish or because I am trying to start a new fashion trend. I do this because binder clips and paper clips are in the drawer of my desk. Up until this point, no one has ever noticed. Today, however, multiple people have both noticed and commented. I'm thinking it is time to invest in actual hair clips.

2. I have 10 boxes in my office currently waiting to be opened. For some reason, I just do not have the desire to open any of them. I do have to admit that 1 of the boxes is open, but I have not unpacked it. Instead, I just pull out what I need as I need it and leave the box sitting in front of my desk.

3. I ate peanut butter, pineapple, and oreos for lunch today. It seemed like a good idea at the time. It really does not seem like a good idea now. I feel a little sick. It probably didn't help that I also drank a lot of water because I was feeling yucky from my lunch. Now I feel swishy and yucky.

4. I (and when I say I, I actually mean my secretary, but we really shouldn't get hung up on technicalities) managed to fix the computerized check-in system that I broke on Sunday. A big woohoo for that.

5. I have been working on background checks lately for work. When I do this, I feel the need to run a background check on myself just to see if I have happened to commit a crime I don't know about. So far, I've been clean.

6. Yesterday, when I finished my work, I took a quick trip to Galveston to ride the ferry and sit on the beach. It was one of the most relaxing things I have done in a good while. I'm hoping to move my office permanently onto the Robert Criswell Memorial Ferry. Question...do they make computer shields for seagull poop?

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

I've had similar lunches and I've also background checked myself!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

I'm so glad I am not the only one who has done that. For some reason, I regularly run those checks on me.

Dustin Bartee said...

You are one of the funniest, quirkiest, and smartest people I know. And that's why I love ya... but not the seagulls.