Monday, October 5, 2009

Writing Inspiration

So, I have been pretty busy as of late, and this week is especially flurried with activity. You would think with so much going on, that I would have plenty of blog material to choose from. Well, apparently not. I cannot come up with anything.

So, as I typically do when I have nothing to write, I will present you with a list. This list is the top 10 things that currently make me laugh pretty hard.

1. The "Budget Casket" store I pass by fairly often. This is funny to me because my mother desperately hopes to be a crash test dummy when she is no longer with us (yes, it is morbid, but that is what she told us), and I am thinking that the "Budget Casket" store offers her a few more options.

2. When my dear, sweet friend who shall remain nameless tells me to put on my big girl panties and get over something. Yes, it generally makes me laugh because of the imagery associated with the thought.

3. Bright green fanny packs and Coach, gold trimmed, high-top sneakers. Yes, I saw both of those items on a couple of ladies in the mall the other day.

4. The words Happy Birthday and dumptruck as said by a couple of my favorite special needs kids in specific context. Ask me to tell you the story sometime if you want a good laugh.

5. When my niece dressed up for nerd day at school this past week, the majority of her outfit came from my father's closet (including the bright orange Hawaiian shirt).

6. That I still go "ice skating" through the grocery store in flip flops and a grocery cart. If you've done it, you know exactly what I am talking about.

7. That all my change smells like pickles because I didn't clean out my change jar (an old pickle jar) well enough before I started using it, and now cashiers generally sniff my money before they put it in the cash register.

8. The show "I Love Lucy". Favorite show of all time. ALWAYS makes me laugh.

9. Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

10. Tama's description of a conference her group recently sang at (Tama et al., I have told and retold those stories to a whole lot of people).

No comments: