Friday, October 9, 2009

Toasty Warm with the IRS

Yes, fellow Houstonites, I realize that the current 66 degree weather is not bordering on hypothermic. However, for someone who stays cold most of the times, it is positively nippy outside.

In fact, after running errands and doing a little work on my day off in a short sleeve shirt, I came home feeling miserably cold. So, I did the smart thing and put on flannel pajama pants, a sweatshirt, and turned on my heater. Now, before you start rolling your eyes and calling me names that emphasize my wimp-ish qualities, keep in mind that that is not very nice (and I will tell my mama on you).

Anyway, back to the story.

I turned on my heater. Now, for those that know me well, you know that is a big deal. I do not like to spend money on things like electricity, water, food (no, shoes do not fall into the "don't like to spend money on" category because they are necessities). Therefore, I really work to save my money. I don't turn on my air conditioner unless I am going to have company or straighten my hair, (Yes, I am actually serious about that one. My chi gives off major amounts of heat and could double as a space heater.) and I am generally excited to see what my electric bill is most months.

All of that "saving money" got me in trouble, though, this last year. Apparently, the IRS does not like you to save money, and all of those savings ended up costing me much money (I'm guessing it cost me more than if I had just turned on my air conditioner in the first place).

So, as we launch into winter (or what feels like winter in my reality), I am going to be toasty warm with the IRS because I am going to use my heater and just have a devil-may-care attitude about my electric bill. You know, I might even decide to run my dishwasher when it is only half-full and be just as flippant with my water bill.

I feeling a little emboldened. Who knows what will be next.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Look at you and your cute, new blog skin. Love it.

Deborah said...

You little rebel...

Love the new blog look!