Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Does This Concern Anyone Else?

As I have continued along in my wedding planning, certain ideas or thoughts on how I was going to do something have had to change. I know this is typical, and as much as I claimed that NONE of my ideas would change, I must sheepishly own up to the fac that I was wrong. Yes, indeed, I have had to change a few plans.

With that being said, I have begun scouring the internet in search of "budget-friendly" (a.k.a. cheap) solutions to certain situations. In one of these searches, I discovered something most unusual. I discovered that you can purchase your wedding reception centerpieces from Oriental Trading Company. Yes, I am completely serious.

For those unfamiliar with the world of the OTC, this company specializes in uber-cheap crafts, kid toys, party favors, workroom supplies, etc. The key word in that sentence is uber-cheap. Also, I don't think you noticed anywhere in my description the word "wedding". Oriental Trading Company is not known for its elegant wedding franchise. In fact, they are known for their VBS supplies. I generally order hundreds of dollars of stuff from them each summer for various kids activities. So, to find out that I could purchase all the centerpieces I wanted and get free shipping on orders of $75 or more actually concerned me. Am I wrong? Does this concern anyone else?

After looking at their selection (yes, I looked at it because they are cheap), I decided that OTC was not the way for me to go. So, I will continue my search online, and I will no doubt stumble across additional pieces of information that utterly confuse me. Maybe if I search long and hard enough, I will also discover that Lowe's hardware store sells bridal shoes.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

You could still give away hundreds of WWJD bracelts for wedding favors!

Ryan and Katie said...

it does not surprise me at all! Do you have the same problem with OTC that I do...I constantly am surprised at how SMALL the things are that I order. Even when I look at their dimensions they are always smaller and more cheaply made than I have in my mind...and yet I still order!

Roxanne said...

I, personally, think a finger puppet bouquet would make a DEFINITE statement. AND provide entertainment at the same time.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

I'm thinking Deborah has the winning idea. We will have to pass out WWJD bracelets as wedding favors.