Tuesday, March 23, 2010

4 Weeks of PB&J

Can I get away with eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for four weeks in a row, and it not seem odd? What about if I made sure and ate my PB&J on a nice hearty whole wheat bread? Would that make it any better?

The husband has to work late for the next four weeks (starting with last night), and PB&J (which really is a favorite of mine) was all I could muster up for dinner. So, I am thinking that since he won't be home for dinner, can I just get away with this for the next four weeks?

Think about how much my grocery bill will be slashed. A jar of peanut butter and squeeze bottle of jelly will easily last 3 weeks, and a loaf of bread for 2. Of course, I will probably end up spending the money I save in groceries at the doctor's office because my nose will have turned a funny shade of "peanut brown" and the inside of my mouth will be stuck together as my internal organs slowly start to shut down from all of the gooey-ness, but can that really be all that bad?

Hmm...what to do for dinner.

5 comments:

Peace family said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with PB (mine are minus the J)sandwiches everyday! Go for it!!

Anonymous said...

Someone, I don't know who, once made his lunch for school by making up an entire loaf of bread into PB&J's, freezing them and then getting one out of the freezer each morning and by lunch it would be thawed out. This time of the school year, this un-named person would count out the days left and make enough PB&J's to last out to the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Happy marriage!

El Comodoro said...

Nah, absolutely nothing wrong with that. I used to go from January to April of every year eating PB&J for dinner with no ill effects.

But be warned - If you're like me, the eventual burnout is murder. One time I couldn't eat PB for an entire year following Busy Season.

Cindy Deister said...

Just vary the jelly flavor, and you'll be fine!

Tamra said...

No judgment here!

My food choices have been an area of concern for my husband for as long as he's been witness to them. Naturally, his disturbance level increased dramatically upon the realization that I'm responsible for nourishing our child.