Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Where Is Spring???

Where is spring? Hello, Mr. Weatherman. It is March in Houston, Texas. It should have been in the upper 70s/lower 80s for the past 2 weeks. Instead, we have hovered through the 50s and slightly into the 60s.

While some may love this weather, I am not currently a fan. You see, I planned a springtime in Houston OUTDOOR wedding, and right now, the outdoors are not seeming so appealing. Forget the fact that the flowers aren't blooming because of the cold, and Mother Nature was supposed to be my main source of wedding decor. I have gotten over that. What I am struggling with, however, is that I am an incredibly cold-natured person in general, and the thought of traipsing around the a garden in a springy organza dress (sans sleeves) already has me shivering.

Therefore, I have decided to take matters into my own hands and start devising a back-up plan for the cold. After searching our wonderdul world wide web, I have come up with some options.

Option 1: The Mid Length Cape. Yes, it looks a little more winter wonderland rather than March wedding, but I would be warm, and if I was having a bad hair day, I could cover up the hairdo with the hoodie.


Option #2: The Fur Muff. My hands get cold faster than anything, and usually if my hands are warm, I am feeling fairly okay. So, rather than bring out the fur cape as suggested in option 1, I could go for the smaller fur muff and insure nice, toasty hands. The one problem with this option is the question of where would my flowers go since my hands would be inside the muff.

Option #3: The Fur-Trimmed Anorak. Now, I think this is actually a good option because first off, it is trimmed with fur, and so that automatically gives it a "fancy" look. Secondly (and you can't see this very well), it has a cool pattern on it, and so I think I could pull of the "hip bride" vibe if I chose to wore it. Thirdly, fur is EXPENSIVE, and puffy anoraks are not. So, it would be a nice cheap option, and since I was giddy over my marriage coupon, I would probably be giddy over this bargain.
Option #4: The Denim Jacket. Okay, so you knew that had to be an option. After yesterday's ode, one can never count out the versatility of the denim jacket. However, if that seems a little understated for most, then I have one more option for you.

Option #5: The WHITE Denim Jacket. It is the best of both worlds (sorry for the Hannah Montana reference). I get to wear a coveted denim jacket, and it at least kind of looks "weddingy" because it is white.

I am not completely sure what I am going to do even though these are all pretty good options. Maybe I'll just have someone follow me around with a battery operated space heater.

4 comments:

Tamra said...

A) Check your venue to see whether they have those outdoor heaters. If so, score. If not, you could probably buy or rent one to strategically place near you. They really do help.

B) White denim jacket. Perhaps with some Bedazzling work thrown in to really show it's not your average Sunday denim. I'm just saying...

Deborah said...

Ummmmm, I vote for the space-heater slave following you around.

Roxanne said...

Just a little smile. . . the
"warm(er)" weather this week will do WONDERS for all things brown that need to be green.

Brandye said...

It is your wedding day. I am forecasting that the weather will be perfect . . . just for you, of course. If not, you can get one of each option and have changes at different key points in the service and/or reception. Keep 'em guessing!