Tuesday, March 2, 2010

O Denim Jacket, How I Love Thee


Yes, you read that correctly. This is a quasi "ode" to the denim jacket. Anyone who has seen me every Sunday for the past 3 years has probably realized by now that I'm a little "denim jacket obsessed". I wear one every single Sunday with whatever outfit I have on. Now, lest you think I just throw on my denim all willy-nilly, let me assure you that I do not buy a Sunday outfit unless it coordinates with my jeaned jacket.

I had a shower this past Sunday at the fiance's church. Guess what I wore...a darling new dress and my denim jacket. (pictured below--the friend who introduced us, me, and the fiance)


I had a shower a few weeks ago at my congregation. Guess what I wore...a black skirt, a cute top, and the denim jacket.


The fiance and I are having to have our picture made for the church website and directory. Guess what I am wearing...you guessed it...some sort of clothing topped off with a denim jacket. It has become my staple, my security blanket, and to those who think it might be too hot to wear it in the summer, I simply assure them that that is what air conditioning is for.

In less than 2 weeks at the wedding--the outside wedding--it is looking as if the temperatures are going to be in the mid 60's. I had someone ask me yesterday if I would wear the denim jacket with my wedding dress to stay warm. I just might. It's classic and goes with EVERYTHING.

3 comments:

Tamra said...

I couldn't agree with you more! Long live the denim jacket!!!

Roxanne said...

That WOULD solve the problem of what to do with "the wrap."

Tamra said...

Had to tell you this --

At our baby shower on Sat, several ladies told me they'd looked for denim jackets for Marin so she could look just like her Mom. Well...one girl actually found one and my daughter is now the proud, proud owner of a Gap denim jacket. I think hers might be cuter than mine, though. Might be time for an upgrade!