Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I Need One of These...Seriously


I really do need one of these. I am completely and totally serious. I know you have heard me talk about my great love my for hair dryer (and I promise that I am not forsaking said dryer), but as my hair just takes so long to blow dry, I am looking for some alternative means of drying the hair.

As I was surfing the net (yes, I googled "how do you blow dry your hair?"), I stumbled across this lovely contraption. I know these helmet style hair dryers have been around for many, many decades, but I think they have been vastly underappreciated and underutilized.

I mean just think about it. You could get up, take a shower and wash your hair, put it in the puffy hair dryer bonnet, strategically position the blower hose so that you would not accidentally strangle yourself, and then lay back down and get a good 30-45 minutes more sleep. Total REM cycle jackpot! Or, what if you need to wash the dishes and get your hair dry, but you just don't have much time. Set that baby on the kitchen counter next to your sink, and start awashin'. Yes, there is the possibility of electrocution, but on the bright side, your hair will look lovely when the ambulance comes to take you away.

All in all, I think the hosed hair dryer offers endless possibilities. I'm thinking of starting a campaign to bring back the hosed hair dryer. Is anybody with me?

3 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

only if battery operated so i can get other stuff done

Deborah said...

You are married now--no need to fix your hair.

Hee hee...

Roxanne said...

I have a friend who recently ordered one of these for her daughter because it takes SO LONG for her to blow dry her hair. . .like forever. . .and then they have to straighten it anyway. Now she can sit and read while her hair dries. . .or do homework. . .or whatever.

I used one of the hard topped ones as a kid every Saturday night--Dippity Do and pink sponge rollers and sitting under Momma's hair dryer. :)