Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happily Ever After

Roxanne here guest blogging for The Bride. I am pleased to report that the Happy Countdown Couple atop the blog did, indeed, make it across the daisy-strewn field to each other and kissed in public and EVERYTHING!!! They are holed up somewhere in Houston, so I have been asked to fill you in on ALL THE DETAILS. . .(don't tell Jennifer I said that--she'd kill me. . .I'm only supposed to fill you in on the details that SHE would tell you, but seeing as how I've been here since BEFORE the beginning of this grand, romantic adventure, then I've got the REAL scoop.)

Okay, Jennifer, I KID. Sort of. . .

Let me say first of all that the sun shone on our lovely bride--the groom too, but we WANT the sun to shine on a bride on her wedding day. Spring pulled out all the stops here in Houston--the grass greened up, the temperature rose to a number where Jennifer did not freeze in her dress, nor did the rest of us swelter at the outside ceremony. In a word: GORGEOUS. AND despite the unexpected road construction throwing a kink in her invitation inserted map (sort of an oxymoron as you should ALWAYS expect road construction in Houston), the guests arrived, made it across the swinging suspension bridge(s) and were serenaded by the call of peacocks before, during, and at the conclusion of the ceremony.

The minister where Jennifer works did the honors(I say all OH-fficial as if I don't know him--Hi, David), and the ceremony went off without a hitch. Except for when Jennifer sort of dropped Greg's ring. I didn't actually SEE this happen as I was trying to take photos, but I can imagine that is sort of rolled around like a quarter. It did, however, behave itself and stay on the steps of the gazebo for easy retrieval. It also provided a wonderful injection of humor AND some great photo ops.

Below are the pictures Jennifer sent me today. I took them. . .and it was nearly 200. But seeing as how I handed the memory card over to her, she left MANY out that I would have included (like a close-up of the back of her hair with all the lovely organza flowers--LOVELY), HOWEVER, this will give you a little taste of the day.

After the hair-do, we ran to Sonic for some of that cheap water of which Jennifer is so fond. (Me too.) Here is she is relaxing pre-dress. . .
















. . .'cause post-dress, there is really no sitting allowed, you know. Doesn't she look GORGEOUS????? The dress she chose (as well as the accessories) suited her PERFECTLY. Just loved it all!!!!























Bouquet of multi-pink gerbera daisies. She and I both HIGHLY recommend Central Market for all your flower needs. They were VERY nice to her when some of the flowers weren't so great and brought some over post-haste PLUS there were only THREE out of about 185 that I wasn't able to use for SOMETHING.



The Man. Very handsome and coordinated--with her chosen color of pink I mean--though I do not doubt Greg's dexterity AT ALL. *HE* didn't drop Jennifer's ring.


Jennifer and Dad--he gave a great, little "hand-over" speech--very, very touching and funny.


No words to describe this one. . .if you've been there, then you don't need an explanation.


This is the part where David said, "Jennifer, do you have a ring to DROP for Greg?" and Jennifer said, "Why, yes. Yes I DO!!!" Then she dropped it. I know--I'm giving her a hard time. To be fair, his ring is actually bigger than any of Jennifer's fingers including her thumb, SO it was kind of hard to keep it put. She had it in her bouquet hand so as to clutch it with the flowers, but once she handed her bouquet to her niece, there was no clutching of the ring anymore. It really was a GREAT moment. . .and no one laughed harder than the bride.


Mr. & Mrs.



Emma, the daughter of David-the-Minister, made the groom's cake, and let me TELL YOU, it was a sight to behold and a delicacy to taste. Her ganache was TO DIE FOR, and the girl is only 11 1/2. Really, really pretty and delish! Way to go, Emma!!!! Cute dress too.

Jen's cake. . .bedecked with flowers and topped with some Vegan cupcakes.

Table arrangements and favors. . .









The Carriage--TASTEFULLY decorated, though I hear tell it was a different story on the inside of the car. There WERE children present, so we truly appreciated the restraint of the decorator's. Thanks, guys.



It was a beautiful, beautiful day. Once Jennifer is out of that daisy-strewn field, she will I'm sure, have more comments AND more photos. There were two REAL photographers there as well, and I believe you can view their photos online at the end of March--details from the bride.


Congratulations, you two. Everyone who loves you--and even all those ladies at the salon who don't know you from Adam--are thrilled that God brought you together.


Now. Go get busy living happily ever after.

10 comments:

Ryan and Katie said...

congrats! looks like a beautiful ceremony!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats Jennifer!!!

Phillips Family said...

It was a beautiful ceremony and such a fun weekend!!! We really loved Greg and think he will fit in nicely with the family.

Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! It's has been fun hearing about this journey from the sidelines - and my heart just warms hearing about fresh from the oven love!
I wish lots of love and kisses for you and Greg.

Stephanie said...

Oh! And I was going to comment about the prettiness of your day too :) I love the sunshine and the green - I've always loved outdoor weddings. The pictures turned out great!

Nichole said...

Oh Jennifer! You look BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress and the flowers were so very pretty! Thank you so much for sharing these pics, I can't wait to see more! I'm so happy that it was a beautiful day!

Tamra said...

So sad to have missed the festivities, but you look gorgeous, Jennifer, and I am SO happy for you two!

Cindy Deister said...

Looks like God provided the PERFECT day for you two! Have a fun first week of...together forever! <3

Donna said...

So glad the day turned out to be beautiful. You were in our thoughts all day. May God bless your marriage today and forever.

Lynn Leaming said...

Roxanne,
Isn't Jennifer blessed to have such a fun friend! Congratulations Jennifer. May the days, weeks,months, and years ahead show you that God can bless marriages in Ephesians 3:20 ways!!