Friday, December 21, 2007

Fruit Basket

Fruit Baskets. I love fruit baskets. However, this year, I have received MULTIPLE fruit baskets. Here's the problem, I jetset off to Lubbock on Sunday afternoon, and although I have been eating on them nonstop for the past week and a half, I still have 14 bananas, 4 apples, 6 oranges, 9 pears, 3 grapefruits, and a multitude of assorted nuts, meats, and cheeses to try to eat up before I leave. I realize that I don't know much in the way of domestics, but I am fairly certain you can't freeze apples and then expect to eat them at a later date.

So, my next plan is to figure out how to pack all of this extra food and take it with me. Do you think I could make one of my suitcases a cold storage unit (I have frozen meat loaf I need to get eaten too)? Also, I purchased a spiral ham and turkey breast from one of the kids at church who was doing a fundraiser, and now amidst all the other food, I don't have a place to put them (I have a dinky, apartment-sized refrigerator).

I have included pictures below of the baskets I received. Feel free to place an order if you would like for me to send you any of my remaining food. Items not shown in pictures are the frozen meatloaf, 4 Healthy Choice frozen dinners, 3 bags of frozen green beans, and 2 Hot Pockets.






The one gift I did receive that NOBODY is getting are my Williams & Sonoma caramel apples. Uuum uuum good.


2 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Wow! Are these all from families at church? Perhaps you should give them a list of restuarants that you like to frequent and get gift cards instead. But what an outpouring of love! I think I will have to order me some of the Sonoma Candy Aples, they look really yummy! Have a great Christmas!

Roxanne said...

Yeah--fruit is nice, but I would lean more toward a gift card to a Pappas or Chiles. . .of course, we got you nothin' but luv. :)

And since I'm home AGAIN with Thad who has a tonsil the size of a grape. . .and not a regular grape mind you--a grape the size of the ones you get at Sam's. . .waiting for the urgent care clinic to open, I had time to dig back through my e-mails and find your invitation. You have now been bookmarked.