Friday, December 19, 2008

Last Day to Christmas Shop

Good morning, all. I am typing this new blog post from the comfort of my cozy bed (thank you, Blackberry). I really should be getting up and getting stuff done, but it is my day off, and I am not feeling highly motivated.

However, laying here a little while has given me a chance to mentally go through my checklist of Christmas gifts and realize that I still have a little shopping to do.

About 3 months ago, I got industrious and I shopped online for all the gifts. I was scoffing in the face of Christmas because I had all my gifts purchased by November 9th.

Well, Christmas scoffed back. One of my packages (a gift for my dad), never arrived, and a couple of others ended up sending notices of being sold out.

So, today will be a shopping day--my last shopping day before Christmas because I R.E.F.U.S.E. to go to the stores tomorrow when people are off work and frantically buying their last minute gifts. Although, I will admit that it is kind of interesting to watch the husbands (who waited till the last moment to shop) search through the picked over merchandise only to be forced to leave with either a holiday hot chocolate pack or an "As Seen on TV" item as their wife's gift.

Well, I think I have finally decided what I need to get for my few remaining gifts. I also feel fairly certain that I will have to brave the mobs (even on a Friday) to do so.

No comments: