Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gotta Love the Car

Well, as I type this blog post, I am sitting in my car. I have either posted a blog about this or a facebook update about this, but for those that don't know, my car is my favorite place to be on Wednesday nights.

I live too far from the church to drive home on Wednesday evenings, so I have gotten into the habit of sitting in my car listening to the radio while I wait for evening services to begin.

So, here I sit.

For those that are curious, I am listening to NPR on the radio.

My Blackberry is plugged in so that I don't run down the battery while I type this.

And I am sipping a soda (Gasp! Yes, a caffeinated drink.) as I am waiting to go in.

It is my metal/plastic safe haven.

As I sit here just a little bit longer, I will take a moment to wish all of you a very Happy New Year.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Well, I am glad that you love, love, love your vehicle (with the not flat tire), but don't you ever want to go and sit in one of your great black and white chairs.

Elizabeth said...

A Route 44 soda??? I know how much you like those Sonic sodas! Happy New Year!!!