Saturday, December 27, 2008

Plan of Attack

In my last post, you read about my grand plans. Well, I have taken my grand plans and created a plan of attack (I realize that I am letting the organizational nerd in me shine through).

To start my plan of attack, I wanted to reorganize my bean storage, but the current "bag they came in" system wasn't working. As I was digging around in my grandmother's utility room on Christmas day looking for the trash bags, I stumbled upon a huge number of large mason jars. Those were perfect.

Since I don't tend to eat much meat (childhood trauma with both chickens and cows--but that is for a later story), I do lots of beans and rice. One day as I was flipping through the TV channels, I stopped on an episode of Martha Stewart. I sometimes secretly wish I could do all the things she does, so I watched it for awhile. She was using mason jars as a storage system for beans, and while that wasn't just innovatively mindblowing, it was something simple that I could do.

So, I spent last night with the plan of attack of getting my beans (and rice, too) organized into the jars from my grandmother's house.

Now I know what you are thinking, you are mentally making fun of my love of all things organizational. All I have to say is that when my beans are neatly displayed on my food shelf, and I can grab them quickly to add to a recipe, you will be oh so jealous.

4 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Sounds to me that it warrants a picture :)

karen b said...

so now that you've done number 5, go do number 12 (well, that's what i would do)

Roxanne said...

You know, there are LOTS o' folks who actually use their jars o' beans as decoration.

Roxanne said...

DId you take a break from all of your legume organization to visit HAR.com?