Saturday, August 9, 2008

Buc-ees and Beef Jerky

Okay, so I really wish I could have posted a picture with this post, but I can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture since I am typing this post on my Blackberry (no, I am not driving, someone else is).

Anyway, I have just had most amazing gas station/restroom break/convenience store experience. We are on our way to camp, and on the way we stopped at Buc-ees. Now, this isn't just any sort of convenience store. This is the store to end all stores.

Not only can you buy a Texas State Flag cutting board made with 4 different types of wood, but they have a plethora of jerky. There is beef jerky, turkey jerky, elk jerky, and maybe even some raccoon jerky.

But the best moment of the stop was when I noticed that the fountain drink dispensers had flavorings. So, I made myself a diet coke with plenty of lime, and we are now back in the car and happily on our way.

Now, what could possibly top this day?

4 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

Hope you have a great time at camp!

Phillips Family said...

We call such a great gas station "Stuckey's" in Arkansas. Where else can one purchase the United States shot glass collection alongside your milk duds?

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid since you were at camp you missed the greatest Men's swimming Relay ever!!!!! Go USA!!!!! WE HEART HEART THE OLYMPICS!

Jennifer Schroeder said...

So, Lynley, I got the shot glass collection for you and Tobe. Do you guys want them now or for Christmas? We could use them at Christmas Day lunch. The fam would love that.