Sunday, June 15, 2008

Camp Camp Camp

I absolutely LOVE camp. It is not summer to me unless I go to a camp or two. This Saturday, a group of my kids and I will go to camp at OCU. I am VERY excited. Camp just makes it seem like summer.

Other updates from the past couple of weeks...

1. The big fish now makes it down the aisle. They cut 6 feet off the link and about 4 feet off the side (which still makes it about 5 ft wide and 20 feet long), and it final fits. We did a trial run this past Friday. It was very cool. Although, it does have to do a three-point turn to get back out of the auditorium.

2. We had a lock-in for the 3rd-5th grade elementary kids. We had 22 kids! Big group. Lots of fun. Lots of junk food. And, only two minor injuries. Now, if I could only catch up on my sleep.

3. I had to have a new picture taken today for an article that is being submitted. I put it on the sidebar on the left. I absolutely hate having my picture made. So, I felt sorry for the lady having to take the picture. She sure has a lot of patience!

Now on another note, check out the various VBS's from my friends churches...

First I have to say that I couldn't get Saturn Roads picture to save correctly, but they are doing Elijah: On Fire for God. It started tonight. Good luck to them!

Next is Altamesa...



Then Fairmont Park...


Then Richland Hills...Then Sugar Grove...



And even though I only know the daughter and son-in-law of the preacher, I felt that Florissant deserved a shout-out because they too did Jonah.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Man, those two little boys by that big fish are so cute! Thanks for including them in your Ode to VBS.

Lynn Leaming said...

Jennifer,
Email me the details about Roadmap Houston (when and where) and I'll send out an update about it, because I think it's cool that another part of the vision is coming true.

Like you, I love camp!! Can't believe this will be my fourth summer in a row that I have not been able to go :(

Going to Richland Hills tonight to see the opening of Jonah. Didn't know Saturn Road was the same week?
Don't know if I can make it there or not?

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Deborah, yes, those are two very cute boys, and they look strangely familiar.

Roxanne said...

It is so much fun to see what everyone else is doing for VBS. . .and I am SO glad that you are doing ours. WHEW!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the 'ad'! Did you video yours? I want to see it!!!

Jen2