Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Didn't See This One Coming

So, I didn't see this one coming. I have had some pretty embarassing moments in my life. I am fully willing to admit that fact. (If you would like a recount of some of these events, just let me know.)

Anyway, let me set the stage for this latest occurrence. I was sitting in a staff meeting yesterday morning, and our office manager mentioned that something had been stolen from the office Sunday morning. Someone else asked if the security cameras picked anything up.

Well, the moment someone said security camera, my ears perked up. (No, I didn't steal anything.) See, Sunday morning I had on a skirt with a slip that kept getting caught on the lining of the skirt. So, as I am checking the classrooms during first service to make sure they are ready for Bible Class, I stopped a couple of times to lift my skirt up (not all the way) and pull down my slip.

Do you see my problem?

I found out yesterday that there are security cameras in all the hallways.

Now are you understanding?

The church now has me on tape lifting up my skirt and pulling down my slip.

I know, I know, I should have just ducked into the restroom, but there was nobody in the hallways, and I was trying to move quickly.

Really...I didn't see this coming.

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Honey, there is no END to the level of things I have probably done on a security camera either at church or school or in Wal-Mart or wherever. Though I am SO glad you did not lift your skirt the whole way.

Jacinda said...

Hi Jennifer!

I found your blog from your Facebook page. I hope it's okay for me to read.....I assume it is since you posted the address, but I feel kind of weird....like I'm 'snooping' on your life by reading it without you knowing it. BTW: feel free to read mine if you want to! :-)

Anyway, this story is hilarious and one I'm glad I read because now I keep trying to rack my brain to remember if I've ever done something like that! Good information to know (about the cameras) so I'll know to be careful about things like slips in the future while walking in the hallways!

too funny!

Jacinda said...

Also,

I read that you came from Saturn Road up in Dallas and saw that you have Stacey on your list of links. Do you know Trey & Susan Newhouse? I don't really know Stacey but know that she & Susan are close friends. Susan was one of my roommates at ACU, and Jim was one of Chris's. We were all in each other's weddings. Small world if you know them!!!!