Saturday, June 14, 2008

One Fish, Two Fish

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish.

You gotta love Dr. Seuss. I still remember my parents and grandparents reading all the great Dr. Suess classics to me. (I also remember my grandmother reading me this book when I was little. #1-It was definitely a time where political correctness was not the norm, and #2-I was from East Texas.)

All of this being said, I have finally decided that it is time for me to get some sort of life--nothing outrageous, just something where I actually do things with people because I have discovered that IHOP won't let me bring my dogs to $3.99 pancake night. Apparently, my dogs are not real people (someone needs to tell them that).

Anyway, my first thought was to combine my two great loves--reading and free stuff. So, I think I am going to join a book club at the library. I just now have to figure out which one I will attend. My choices are the Junie B. Jones Book Club (which I may be a tad too old for) and the Giant Print Gerontology Book Club (which I may have too many teeth for).

Oh well, I guess I will have to find something else to do to have a life.

Oooh, oooh, oooh, I know. What about this? (just kidding)

2 comments:

Lisa K. said...

I loved the books as a child also. Remember, I'm from Little Rock. We had a restaurant by the same name. It was my restaurant of choice on my birthday. Can't imagine why they aren't around any longer

Roxanne said...

They have also quit selling "Song of the South" from Disney.