Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Hot!

Wow, it was hot today. I could feel my pasty white skin burning as it made contact with sunlight. On the positive side, even though it was hot here, it was even hotter in Dallas. Apparently it was around 105 there. So, I have to be thankful that we were still at least in double digits.

For those keeping count, today was the first day that I had to turn on my air conditioner. I'm a little surprised I made it this long. I promptly turned it right back off, though.

**********

Well, we have Kids' RoadMaP this weekend. I am very much looking forward to it. However (and this is a big however), my entertainment had to cancel on me. So, I have been scrambling all day to try to find a replacement. I have to say that I was a little shocked/surprised at what pops up when one googles random words like "entertainer." It definitely was NOT church appropriate.

What about the Chick-Fil-E cow? Do you think I could ask him to come out and count as entertainment for upper elementary kids? Just a thought...

**********

Scramble is my new favorite game. It's on Facebook, so I have apparently now become a Facebook junkie. I have determined that my friends are way smarter than I am, though. And Facebook perpetuates that feeling because they send out emails saying, "You are stupid. Tama just easily beat your high score in Scramble. If you have recently increased your vocabulary, you can try to get near her score." Okay, so maybe it isn't quite that harsh, but I can tell it's tone of voice.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Yep...105 it was! I can't believe you aren't running your air. Wow!

Jacinda said...

Have you heard of Bob Smiley? He is a very funny Christian comedian we went to ACU with. I think he lives in The Woodlands. Just an idea for entertainment.......