Thursday, July 3, 2008

One of Those Days

So, it was one of those days today. I really wish I had thought to take a picture of my face at about 10:30am this morning when Murphy's Law was in full effect. Oh well is all I can say at this point. Fortunately, my parents have been here this week just working, and so I was able to move from greatly distressed to moderately calm.

In other news, I am now spread across 4 office areas. My furniture is gone. My ceiling was pulled out, and my new furniture is taking up valuable classroom space. I am not terribly certain where anything is. However, they are putting the new carpet in my office tomorrow, and ever so soon, I will have a lovely work space.

As an aside, one of my going away gifts from Saturn Road was a tiny wooden pew with a family of 4. We had one in the teacher workroom that I loved playing with each Sunday. So, the lovely Saturn Road people gave me one for my new office. So, my niece found it today in one of the piles and started playing with it. From what I could tell Mr. & Mrs. Church Pew are quite liberal. Their plastic, non-moldable hands fall in an outstretched open position, and my niece worked to help them raise holy hands.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July holiday and a Happy Bastille Day!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Do they NOT know it's VBS week with the carpet????? Sheesh!!!!!