Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hanging with the 'Rents

So, I am "living up" my little mini-vacation, and by "living up" I mean staying with the family and hanging out with my Dallas peeps. Because vacations are always more exciting than regular, everyday life, I thought I would share a little of what I have done so far.

1. Visited a lemonade stand for charity. It was a group of middle school girls from my old church that were trying to raise money for the Bethany Girls Home in India. They raised almost $400 with their lemonade stand yesterday afternoon.

2. I have checked and rechecked my niece's vocabulary and reading homework. Can I just say, "Ugh!" This wasn't just quick checking of homework, this was "I had to read the required reading passages to be able to see if the answers on her homework were correct." Again, I say, "Ugh!"

3. We did a family dinner last night at Carino's. Food was yummy, but the service was slow, so we had plenty of time to visit and discover an overabundance of the use of air quotes in our general family conversation. We must reign those air quotes in.

4. Tonight I get to head out with some friends just to hang. This evening's acitivites will probably include dinner at Potbelly's which has the world's BEST peanut butter and jelly sandwich (and yes, I do regularly go to restaurants and order PBJ sandwiches).

5. In the meantime, I am needing to kill a little bit of time today before I head out, so I have pulled out the laptop located the first few seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on hulu and have been watching it all morning. I would like to maintain that that is perfectly acceptable vacation behavior, and that I should not be embarrassed in the least by that. In fact, if I had a few extra days of vacation, I might also locate the first few seasons of Dawson's Creek and remember the days of teen agnst along with the vampire slaying.

Oh well...I head back to Houston tomorrow. So, I am going to embrace my vacation behavior just a little bit longer before I have to go back to the real world.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I know someone you could have called, and she's much more grounded than Buffy...

:)

Hee hee, couldn't resist...

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Too funny. Hope you guys are doing well.