Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hmm..No Luck

I have been sitting in front of my computer screen trying to come up with something to blog about. Nothing...absolutely no thought long enough to create a full-fledge post has come to mind. So, I will resort to mini-postlets to fill this space so that I can move onto more pressing matters such as playing on facebook.

Postlet #1...
I made the 4-hour trek from Houston to Dallas today for a short little vacation. I most definitely DO NOT like car trips. Actually, let me rephrase that. I do not like car trips where I have to drive. If given the opportunity to sleep a little, visit a little, and eat a little while in the proximity of car, then I very much enjoy car trips. Add a "car trip mix tape" on top of that, and that car trip is GOLDEN.

Postlet #2...
Shortly after I got to my parents, my mother needed me to go to the airport to pick up my dad. As my niece and I pulled up to the "Passenger Arrival" area, we searched for my dad. Out walks this man in an utterly obnoxious orange Hawaiin shirt. It was my dad. No, he had not just returned from Hawaii. In fact, he was flying in from Lubbock. Not really sure why he owns or wears that shirt, but it created a large amount of giggling in the car.

Postlet #3...
How many times is it possible to drop a cell phone before it breaks??? Over the past day and a half, I have dropped my phone no less than 128 times. For the moment, it still works, but if I cease to return your calls, you will know that in my attempt to repair the phone, I had to cover the face with copious amounts of duct tape. (Isn't everything better with duct tape?)

Postlet #4...
I have a confession to make. I do not know how to hook up my DVD player. I have a TV, and I have a DVD player, and I have a bunch of wires. However, I have yet to figure out how to actually put all of those together in a way that enables the viewing of videos on the television set. It may be the least of my problems pretty soon, though, because currently I have to hit my TV with a significant amount of force to get a picture to stay on the screen.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I like to drive on road trips. Let's go on a trip together sometime. I'll even let you make the CD mix.

Have fun in the Big D.

Melanie said...

Morgan says he will hook up your DVD player for you:)
~Melanie

Phillips Family said...

FYI...Granny did ask your dad if he had been to Hawaii b/c he was wearing that shirt.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Deborah, can I make the mix tape of all show tunes?

Melanie, I may have to take you up on that, but I am being given a new television (it's someone's old TV, but new to me), so that has just increased my amount of wire connecting that has to be done.

Lynley, Dad said he considered telling Granny that he had been to Hawaii since she wouldn't remember anyway.