Monday, September 21, 2009

I Guess I Have to Admit It Was My Fault

So, I haven't blogged recently because I have been busy and a little under the weather, but also because I couldn't really think of anything to write...UNTIL THIS EVENING.

I ran to the store late this afternoon, and on my way home, I was talking on the phone. As I am driving down the road, I see a policeman passing me going the other direction. Now I must pause momentarily and assure you I was most definitely not speeding, not even a tiny little bit.

Needless to say, I was very much surprised when I saw the policeman whip around and turn on his lights. I signaled to turn on my street, and he followed me with lights still flashing.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I quickly hung up the phone and pulled over to the side of the road, and the policeman pulled up behind me.

I roll down the window to wait for the policeman, and I start digging through my glove compartment trying to find my insurance card (note to self, clean out the glove compartment because insurance cards form 2007 do you no good). When the policemen walks up to the car he tells me that my registration sticker is expired. To which I reply, "Ooh, ooh, ooh, I have my new one."

You see, when my new registration sticker came in the mail, I couldn't get the sticker off my windshield, so I put it in my purse to wait for the next time my dad came to visit so that he could change out my sticker.

Well, when I explained that to the policeman, he didn't seem to think that that was a reasonable explanation for why I was driving around with an expired registration sticker. I'm not really sure why, because it sounded reasonable to me.

So, I have to get my sticker changed out within 10 days, and I can get the ticket dismissed. I guess I have to admit that it really was my fault. (Note to self, invite parents for a visit about this time next year so my dad can change out my sticker.)

4 comments:

Cindy Deister said...

Remind me to tell you of a recent policeman story...

Roxanne said...

Also. . .for future reference to everyone. . .when I police officer pulls you over--do NOT reach for your glove box. It's your first instinct to be prepared, but it puts the police officer on high alert. (I learned this FROM a police officer.) Put your hands ON the steering wheel at 10 and 2, then wait for him to get to your window and ask for your stuff so he can see exactly what you are reaching for. That being said, once I had a bunch of stuff in the back of my CRV, and a policeman pulled me over (I WAS speeding, but Victoria was 3 1/2 and HAD to get to a potty super fast) and couldn't see what was in the car. I sat with my hands on the wheels as he approached VERY cautiously until he could see my hands.

El Comodoro said...

Great horny toads. Grab me after church tomorrow night and I will change your sticker for you. Seriously.

Oh - and I linked up to your blog today, hope you don't mind!
MW

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Deborah, apparently the policeman had perfect vision because as he was whipping past me, he must have seen the sticker. Morgan, thanks for the offer, but I went ahead and located a oil change place today and now have my non-expired sticker properly afixed.