Monday, May 26, 2008

2nd Favorite Thing

I know that I've extolled my love of vacuuming. Today, though, you get to hear about my 2nd favorite thing. It is actually a store - the Container Store. In Dallas, I lived fairly near one and could wander it at will. Well, there is not one close to me in Houston. I went up to church this morning to get some work done and discovered that I needed a storage unit for some stuff, so I located one and made the trek out there.

It was MAGNIFICENT. I forgot how much I loved just walking up and down the aisles imagining all the organizational possibilities. I was completely in heaven.

As if this day couldn't get any better, I passed a McAlisters. So, I had to stop and purchase a glass of the best sweet tea in the world.

Then...I had a promotional coupon for a free Fruitista at Taco Bell with the purchase of an items. So, for lunch I had a nachos and Fruitista from Taco Bell for a grand total of $0.86. Now, I will have to be honest, after trying the Fruitista, I am not a huge fan of it. It was a little too 7-upey for me, but I love the $0.86.

Then between the church building, the Container Store, and my house, I passed by 5 Hobby Lobby's and 3 Michael's. Guess what, I stopped at them all, and I didn't even have to go out of my way. Hwy 1960 rocks!!!!

What a fantastic Memorial Day! At this rate, I can't wait until Bastille Day.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

There is a Container Store MUCH closer to the building than the one WAY over on 1960--although I am glad that you were so close to so many Michaels and Hobby Lobbies. There is one at Westheimer and the 610 Loop right across from the Galleria--very easy to get to and only about 5 or 6 miles from the building.