Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hobby Lobby, Hobby Lobby, Michael's

Okay, so for the past two weeks, I have gone to 2 Hobby Lobbys and 1 Michael's everyday. The reason for this is that they have those 40% off and 50% off coupons, and I need lots and lots of Model Magic for VBS this summer.

I didn't think it would be too bad at first making those stops each day, but it is wearing me down. So, yesterday, I tried to bargain with Michael's (which is right beside the church building). I asked them if they would let me use both the Hobby Lobby and the Michael's coupons at their store (kind of like Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Linens and Things) and if they would let me use more than one coupon at a time (again like BBB and L&T), then I would be completely loyal to their store and just get everything there.

They didn't go for that.

They didn't go for that at all.

So, guess what...

Today, on my way home from work, I will be stopping at 2 different Hobby Lobby's and 1 Michael's.

Isn't life exciting?

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Is this store-hopping game kinda like Duck, Duck, Goose?

Sorry about the coupons, but it was good that you actually asked.

Roxanne said...

Kudos to you, and it was worth a try.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GLAD that the elders hired you so that Suzy and I don't have to go to 2 Hobby Lobbies and 1 Michaels every day.

You ROCK!!!!!

Lynn Leaming said...

So Jennifer...where in your job description does it say you are a purchasing agent? Surely there is plenty of shopping to spread around? Cannot some other people also stop at Hobby Lobby or Michael's as well so you aren't having to do it all? It is called delegation. Jennifer, I am just another children's minister, but we are hired by elders to direct not to do all the leg work. Hopefully you were just kidding???

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Yes, Deborah, it is exactly like duck duck goose. However, I can't seem to get anyone to chase me around the store with their shopping cart when I bop them on the head and start running. Why is that?

Roxanne, did I tell you that I got all the hats ordered. So, you can now say MEGA-BUCKET hat all you would like.

Lynn, no I am actually not kidding about the stores, but I do have a really great group of ladies who have taken on huge tasks for this VBS so I don't mind doing this part of the shopping, but I will probably still complain about it.

Roxanne said...

Oh man. . .just you watch out. I sincerely think that "bucket" is just the funniest word in the English language. . .and then to even have the OPTION to say MEGA bucket is BEYOND words.

I only watch idol on You-Tube, but I think both Davids are great and that Michael Johns was robbed and that they need to lighten up on Syesha 'cause she has some
M-A-J-O-R TALENT.