Thursday, May 1, 2008

Oh. My. Goodness.

In the immortal words of my friend Roxanne...Oh. My. Goodness.

So, I was in Hancock's fabric this afternoon looking for fabric for costumes. I had been there for a couple of hours picking up all the different bolts I needed, and I go to the desk to have the ladies cut the yardage.

As the lady is cutting my fabric, this person walks up and plops a large upholstry roll of fabric down right next to me. I don't really pay any attention because I am trying to do some figuring on my paper. Then he and the lady cutting my fabric start visiting. His voice sounded really familiar. So, I look up, and guess who it is?

Frank Bielec from Trading Spaces.


That's right, Trading Spaces, one of my favorite shows.


So, then he said to me that he heard me talking to the lady about a jellyfish costume, and he starts asking me questions about it. He asked me how I was making the costume, and why I was making it, and about all of the other costumes that I must be making from the pile of fabric sitting in front of me. So basically, I am filling Frank Bielec from Trading Spaces in on Vacation Bible School, the story of Jonah, and the difficulty of finding a pattern for an adult oyster costume.

Like I said...Oh. My. Goodness.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

More Please!!!

Lisa K. said...

Wowsers! I'm certain that you mentioned your friends and costume divas Lisa and Tama of Saturn Rd. VBS fame. This could be my jumping-off point for a career in the making-stuff-from-cheapo-fabric industry!

Roxanne said...

Oh. My. Goodness. !!!!!!!!

Phillips Family said...

Oh My!!!!

Elizabeth said...

That's cool!!!