Thursday, September 18, 2008

All Things Fall

So, technically it is not quite fall, but it almost is, and in honor of that, my post today is in honor or all things fall. I aboslutely love fall. Granted, I live in Houston where fall consists of 85 degree weather, but even though, this is the time of the year that Starbucks pulls out their pumpkin spice drinks (yum yum), and you can walk through the grocery store and easily find a spaghetti squash.



For those who have not experienced the spaghetti squash yet, you really must search out your grocery store for one. Even in my limited cooking ability, I will whip one of these up at least once a week during the fall.

My other favorite fall food is the pumpkin. First off, it is orange, and I do love all things orange (especially the fake orange cheese found in boxed mac and cheese). Secondly, it is so versatile. You can make a pie, bread, cheesecake, soup, and pumpkin risotto. What other food offers you so many options?


If you haven't had the chance to embrace fall, I encourage you to break out your tea kettle, open up your windows, and settle into a nice slice of pumpkin bread. You will be filled with autumnal joy.

2 comments:

Jacinda said...

I love Fall too! To me, once September 1st rolls around, it is Fall. Maybe not technically but I like to pretend!

I love pumpkin breads & cakes & Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Yum!!

I had a kind of "Fall-ish" tablecloth on my table yesterday, but someone spilled lemonade on it.... *wink wink* :) :) :)

Lynn Leaming said...

So...how to you cook spagetti squash??