Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lots of Tidbits

Good evening, all.

First, some good news about the day. The church finally got electricity back on today. We are all feeling very thankful and blessed. Next step is getting our internet service back up and running. Comcast is still a little behind on their fixing of lines, but since they had to fix the lines for approximately 2 million people, I won't quibble about it.

Secondly, I successfully cooked yesterday. I know. That's pretty huge. I made spaghetti with tomato sauce and white beans. Nothing even remotely difficult about it (some noodles, some Ragu, and some beans), but the important thing is that it actually tasted good after I made it. So, now I have leftovers to eat that are tasty.

Next, I discovered something about myself today, I am one of "those" people, and by "those" I mean a person who breaks out into the shakes when she has to take her cell phone in to be repaired and must actually leave it there for even just a short while. Yep, even though I am really not a fan of actually talking on the phone, I apparently go through withdrawal when I have to hand it over to someone else. In fact, you should have seen my reaction when they told me that they were going to have to do a hard reset, and I would lose all of my contact information. I guess I must own up to my problem. My name is Jennifer, and I have become one of "those" people.

On another topic, I have to announce that I messed up. I have a bad habit of only checking my mailbox about once a week. I rationalize this saying that the post boxes are at the front of the complex, and I live at the back and enter at the back gate. However, in reality, it is a little bit of laziness of having to sort through all the junk mail. Anyway, I made my weekly stop by the post box this afternoon, and it turns out that my postman apparently thought I had moved due to the buildup of mail. So, he sent all my mail back to the main post office to be returned. After spending a little over an hour hunting down my mail this afternoon, I am thinking that it would just be easier if I checked my mailbox regularly.

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

That makes me laugh really hard! He sent your mail back?!?! LOLOLOLOL

Oh, and about Comcast....don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix things. Even when they don't have 2 million customers who need help they mess things up a lot! Hope you have better luck with them than we have.

Deborah said...

Hey Jen--I got your comment on the soup, and yes, I make whole wheat pancakes at least once a week for my family (just last night, in fact). I tried to e-mail you, but it got returned. Maybe you have a new address? Since I get to choose which comments to publish on my blog, you could leave your e-mail as a comment on my blog, and then I just won't publish it.

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Deborah, our internet connection is still down at church, so I'll send you my home email.