Friday, September 12, 2008

The Rain Follows Me Everywhere

So, apparently the rain follows me everywhere. As I said in my last post, I am in Lubbock working on something through LCU. Well, it has rained some the last couple of days, but yesterday, it didn't just rain, it R.A.I.N.E.D. They got between 8-10 inches in a single rainfall. According to the news reports, they haven't had something like this happen in over 100 years.

You know what that means, right? It means that all the schools and universities are closed and everything is cancelled. So, the reason that I am not in Houston is cancelled, and I can't actually get back to Houston until Sunday at the earliest.

Oh well.

So, I am currently holed up in a Starbucks (complete with free Wi-Fi), drinking my warm beverages, trying to get some work done. At least this will give me the opportunity to attempt to get caught up on work.

Good thing it is Pumpkin Season at Starbucks. I love me some pumpkin spice beverages.

1 comment:

Jacinda said...

Well, we may all blow your way by the time this storm is over! Kinda wishing we were with you 'cause I'm gettin' a little freaked out! Of course, I've seen Lubbock flooding and that can be a pain too. Hang in there and enjoy a Pumpkin Spice Latte for me!