Monday, September 22, 2008

Working from Home

So, I have discovered that I am really not meant to work from home. I too easily get off task. I try so hard to work, but then I think of something that I have always wanted to know, and I google it.

In honor of my moments of wasted time, here are some of the things I learned today.
  • Polar bears are left-handed, and when they are hunting prey, they will cover their black nose with their paw to help hide themselves.
  • When bats exit a cave, they go left out of the cave.
  • 1 out of 20 people have an extra rib.
  • Orcas (killer whales), when traveling in groups, breathe in unison.
  • The typical lead pencil can draw a line that is 35 miles long.
  • More people are killed annually by donkeys than in plane crashes.
  • 2.5 cans of Spam are consumed in the United States every second.

There is one other piece of information that I happened upon. You can buy real sheets of uncut money to wrap gifts in. They are sold by a place called Maus & Hoffman. One sheet of wrapping paper is 32 one-dollar bills. However, it costs $60. So, essentially you waste $28 to purchase $32 that you are just going to waste.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I already feel smarter...

Cindy Deister said...

Aaron went for the Spam one...