Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Search for Gold Crowns

I realize the title of this post might make you think that this is going to be a deep, profound post on a Christian's search for living a more godly life.

However, that is not the case. I really am just going to tell you about my search for gold crowns.

The 3-year olds need them for Bible Class on Sunday, and it is actually harder than one might think to find child size, gold crowns that have a hook so that you don't have to staple them.

I thought about going to Burger King, grabbing a handful, and running out of the store, but some might call that stealing, and I feel fairly certain that a church worker probably shouldn't steal. Plus I would then have to spray paint the crowns so that the kids wouldn't ask where the Burger Kings were in Jesus' time and if they had camel-through windows.

I've searched as the usual craft stores and teacher stores, but I didn't find any. I also went to Party City, and while I didn't find any paper crowns, I did find a good variety of Mardi Gras head pieces. Hmm...I wonder if those would work?

3 comments:

Deborah said...

I thought you were about to tell us you were looking for an inexpensive dentist to work on your grill.

Can you tell we work a lot with inner-city kids???

Phillips Family said...

This might possibley work: Buy Gold Bullentin board liner (is that what it is called? The stuff that goes around the edge of a bullentin board) and cut into reasonable head sized strips. Instead of stapeling them closed, use self adhesive velcro. That way kids with abnormally big or small heads can adjust their crown to fit their head.

Roxanne said...

Oh, Phillips Family trumps ANY suggestion I could make. Go the the school supply store and get thee some gold, silver, or VERY BRIGHT YELLOW bulletin board border.