Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh Man...

Oh man...I think I am going to have to break down and buy a new television. This really bums me out because first of all, I was really hoping to celebrate its 20-year old birthday, and secondly, I have never actually bought a new television. I've always gotten hand-me-down TVs.

Needless to say, my television is a little old school. My parents purchased it in the early 1990s as their brand new, fancy television, and then they gave it to me in the early 2000s when they got a new TV.

The screen keeps going dark, and I either have to turn it off and count to 10 then flip it back on or I have to hit it good on its side (I'm guessing that the hitting of it is not prolonging its life).

Anyway, maybe my dad will read my post, take pity on me, decide that they need a new TV and give me their old one. I'm thinking that answer would be no, though.

I guess I need to start shopping for a television. Maybe I'll get fancy and go for a 19-inch with a remote control. A girl can always dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In February your father might give you a non-digital TV, if you could use that?

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Ooh yes. That would be perfect!!!!