Thursday, October 30, 2008

Television


I'm a fan of Survivor. I have watched it the last few seasons. However, I have to say that I haven't actually ever watched an entire episode of Survivor.

I really don't enjoy watching bickering and fighting, so I have gotten into the habit of fast forwarding my DVR through everything but the challenges and the tribal council. In doing that, I actually get a pretty complete picture of what is going on, and it makes for quick television viewing.

In my opinion, that is the way to watch.

Speaking of television, I have to tell you something that I stumbled across today on television. First off, I must explain that it has been a bit of an unusual day in that I have been home much more than normal. I have a sick dog, and so I went to the office to get some "must finish" work done this morning, and then brought the rest home with me.

Since I have been home most of the afternoon I had the television on while I worked. At one point, I was flipping through the guide on my TV, and I'm not sure if it was subconscious or not, but I stopped on "Walker, Texas Ranger." (I included a picture in case you weren't placing the show, but I made it small in the hopes that you wouldn't figure it out.)

Yes, "Walker, Texas Ranger" is the the old Chuck Norris television show. My parents used to watch it, but I think that is because they didn't have cable. Needless to say, it was an oft-viewed show in our house.

So, I decided to watch it. I watched the WHOLE episode. Oh it was awful. It was essentially Chuck reading cue cards, then Chuck fighting bad guys, then Chuck reading more cue cards, then Chuck arresting bad guys, then Chuck reading a very Brady Bunch-like moral of the story off the cue cards.

Strangely enough, I couldn't make myself turn the channel. Man, that is an hour I will never get back.

1 comment: