Monday, October 27, 2008

Soup Soup Everywhere

I realize two posts in one day is a bit much, but oh what an evening it has been. Before I tell you what happened, I first have to ask Deborah if she can figure out what my post is about before I even tell you guys the story.

Anyway, when I got home this evening from work, I felt like soup for dinner. My soup of choice for this evening was homemade tomato-basil. As I finished heating the diced tomatoes, I put them in my blender to puree.

I made sure the top was vented since the tomatoes were still hot. As I finished one pass with blender, I decided it needed a little more. So, I hit the puree button. Oops. Actually, BIG OOPS.

I exploded tomato-basil soup all over my stove, countertop, blender, refrigerator, basically anything within a 5-foot radius was showered with soup. You know that cute little container that holds all the stirring/mashing/ladeling utensils? Completely showered with soup.

Once everything was cleaned up, I managed to salvage enough soup for a yummy dinner in my pajamas (did I mention my clothes were covered in tomato bits?).

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Last night after Trunk or Treat I ran into Kroger to get some staples where I LITERALLY ran into a very precarious display of V-8. The bottles are plastic, but the lids will shatter explode like Tomato Basil soup when they hit the floor at just the right velocity and angle.

I feel your pain. . .except I reported my mishap and someone else did the clean-up on aisle 5.