Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Saving Supper Carnival


So my cousin is hosting a Saving Supper Carnival today. The goal of this carnival is for everyone to post "tips/ideas/humorous stories on how they survive the late afternoon/dinner preparation time in their household without losing their mind!" The prize is a collection of recipes from casa de Phillips. Lynley (casa de Phillips madre) is a very good cook, and so this is a very good prize.

So, here goes.

There is not much demand for dinner at my house. No kids underfoot. No whining voices. However, I am not a fan of cooking, so if I am really tired when I get home, I REALLY don't feel like cooking. So, my tip is that I try to prepare the majority of my food for the week during the weekend. That way when I get home, I just pop stuff my dinner into the microwave, heat up some vegetables, and my dinner is ready. I do the same for pre-make for breakfast.

My new favorite dinner that survives reheating pretty well is Deborah's Tomato-Basil Soup. I sprinkle some croutons on top and yum-o. For breakfast, I tend to do Whole Wheat Pancakes, and since I am not really a syrup person, those go right into a baggie, and I can eat them on my commute.

Check out the Phillips' Family Blog for more Saving Supper Carnival tips.

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Great Idea!!! Cooking in bulk is really a smart thing to do...I especially like the Pancake idea. Gonna have to do that one myself!

Readers of Jen's blog: Isn't she sweet? She refers to me as her cousin even though I am technically the wife of her cousin. We have had many good times together at the holidays, being the only girls in a sea of lots of boy cousins.

Thanks, Jen!

ps. my post went up early this morning...make sure you link your blog on it so others can learn from your idea!

Deborah said...

I am so honored to know that my recipes are feeding you!!

I also love that your cousin gives supper tips. It is often a carnival around our house pre-suppertime too.