Tuesday, December 8, 2009

1 Hour and 16 Minutes

1 hour and 16 minutes...

That is the amount of time the clock in my car is ahead. Half of the year, it is only ahead 16 minutes. Either way, I always know what time it is in my car.

This is important because in the last week or so, not one but TWO people tried to change the time, and it sent me into a hyperventilating tizzy, because all of a sudden, I had NO IDEA what time it was.

Usually, when someone new gets into my car, they stare at my clock and then me in disbelief. The first question that comes out of their mouth is, "Why?" The second thing that happens is that they then try to change the time so that it "conforms to standard concept of time."

Guess what happens third? Yep...hyperventilating tizzy.

So, I am here to tell all of you who are concerned by the fact that my car clock is an hour and 16 minutes ahead, that it is perfectly okay. It has been that way for about five years now (or technically 2 1/2 years because of the time change), and I am generally on time to places. Plus, when I have done something dumb, I can create my own "Back to the Future" moment by turning back my clock and reliving the moment more appropriately. See...it is a win-win situation.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

I whole heartedly (and apologetically) confess to being one of The Changers. Of course, I DID screw it back up to your normal before you ACTUALLY began hyperventilating. You had just begun to turn a little red in the cheeks.

(And my word verification is "sming" which is what I think you are doing in the portrait that Victoria drew. You are smiing.)

Deborah said...

Pat likes the clock to be no more than five minutes fast. I like to be a little rebellious and make it six without telling him.

I hope he doesn't see this blog...