Thursday, December 10, 2009

Laminator - 17, Me - 0

Yes, people, the laminator has won AGAIN. It really shouldn't be that difficult. Do you understand the seriousness of my strife? I have multiple degrees, and I still cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the film in a laminating machine.

Everytime I think I have finally figured it out, the laminator scoffs in my face.

Last night was attempt #17. I had been working on it for a good 45 minutes (with absolutely NO SUCCESS), when a kind lady came into the workroom. She saw that I was either about to cry buckets of tears or fling the laminator down a long flight of stairs, and so she intervened.

I handed her the instruction booklet (which, yes, I had been using) and all the parts that were supposed to be on the machine but I hadn't actually figured out where to put them after taking them off, and I stepped away.

In approximately 5 minutes, she had the machine back up and running. No lie. It was that quick. When she turned to me to show me that it was now working (and that she had fixed it with great ease), my first inclination was to run screaming through the building and out into traffic. But, I restrained myself.

Instead, I think I will make her speed dial #1 in my phone because I don't think I can take another laminating machine failure.

2 comments:

Vintage Dutch Girl said...

Argh! Isn't that SO frustrating when you can't figure something out and then someone waltzes in and fixes it lickety split?

Kinda like how my husband can whip the house into shape in under 30 minutes. Drives me crazy :)

Thanks for reading, I LOVE to hear from readers! SO nice to meet you :)

Tamra said...

In my 5 years at Mac, I've never learned how to change the laminator film. You know who does it? Richard! Just figure how who used to do it before you came along and boom -- there's your go-to person! Only one person at a time needs to know how to do such things, I say.