Sunday, November 2, 2008

Two Eliz(s)abeths, Two Rebeccas, and a Kathleen


Two Eliz(s)abeths, Two Rebeccas, and a Kathleen (aka Kathy, Elisa, Becky, Elizabeth, and me (who's name is actually Rebecca Jennifer for those who are confused about the second Rebecca)). That's who we have in the picture above. These are my dear, dear friends from college, and I have to say that this is probably my favorite picture of the five of us (yes, a little because I still wished I looked like that).

Anyway, Lindy forwarded me the following email tag:

Name your 10 most interesting moments from college.

And while I could only come up with 7 rather than 10, here are my answers...

1. I don't remember who all was involved in this, but I do remember an incident with pushing each other in shopping carts across the Braum's parking lot. I'm still a little embarrassed about that one.

2. Elisa, Elizabeth, and I worked Cheerleading camps for a couple of summers. The best part of that job was the walkie talkies and celebrating Canada Day.

3. I went home with Becky one Christmas holiday for a few days to Pennsylvania and we chased/stalked the Amish people. Plus everyone in my family got chocolate from the Hershey factory for Christmas.

4. A few of us felt the need to reinact the Kerri Strug vault. That included a lot of fake "tumbling" that ended with us throwing our arms in the air and standing on one foot.

5. Kathy, Becky, and I had Orchestration class together, and even though we look NOTHING ALIKE, our teacher couldn't remember which one of us was which and constantly called each of us by the wrong name.

6. Three of us worked at the DCC (Denton Country Club) one summer, and they loved that we could sing Happy Birthday in harmony. Our uniforms consisted of tux shirts from Sears, a bow tie, black pants, and awful, manly shoes.

7. If I remember correctly, I believe that Becky, Elisa, Elizabeth, and Kathy all dated (or were at least asked out) by one particular guy. I don't think he realized that they were all friends and compared notes. (And no, he didn't ask me out.)

Well, thanks for walking down memory lane with me. I enjoyed the trip, and made myself laugh some during the process. I'll get to see some of the group over Thanksgiving holiday, so I'll be sure and let you know if there are any stories to add to the list.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is a great picture...and I think we all wished we looked like that again! :)

I honestly don't remember who asked us all out! Good memory on that one...who was it???

I still remember how to sing "O Canada" from that summer at Kerr!

Elizabeth said...

I just noticed that I'm the only one using the opposite hand to hold my ear...does that make me the weird one of the group??? :)

Elizabeth said...

Oh...sorry for so many comments, but we can't leave out the dough-nut experience you had at cheer camp (and I'm not talking about food). :)

Jennifer Schroeder said...

Okay, I fell out of my chair with laughter on your last comment. Yes, my poor, broken tailbone. It was embarrassing enough to admit that I had broken my bottom much less having to carry around the donut pillow.

And I emailed you the guys name just so it wouldn't be out there in case someone googled his name at this time of the year.

Deborah said...

I thought my friends and I were the only ones who had Kerri Strug reinactments!